Annual ECSRHM Conference
May 11th 2019
- Acting as an institution to qualify members of the veterinary profession as specialists in small ruminant health management by establishing and defining the standard of qualification based on evidence-based medicine (EBM).
- Developing graduate teaching programmes in small ruminant health management. Developing and supervising EBM continuing education programmes for veterinarians interested in small ruminant health management.
- Encouraging its members to pursue original scientific investigations and to contribute to the relevant literature.
- Defining and describing the speciality discipline of small ruminant health management.
- Supervising the professional activities of its members and ensuring that such professional activities are guided by EBM.
- Promoting collaboration with national veterinary associations, farmers associations, government institutions and international agencies.
This veterinary speciality refers to the following:
- Husbandry, internal medicine, obstetrics and reproduction, surgery, as applied to epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, therapy and control of diseases of small ruminants (sheep, goats).
- Individual patients or flocks/herds.
- Quality and safety of products from small ruminant.
- Control of transmitting zoonoses.