The European College of Small Ruminants Health Management, ECSRHM, is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at anytime if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
We/ The College (either capitalized or not) – The European College of Small Ruminant Health Management, (ECSRHM).
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
What is personal information will be processed?
The College will keep a record of: – your name, nationality, current contact details, qualifications (these will also be shared with EBVS) – credentials – (re-)certification documentation and any supporting documents requested
Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, home address etc. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your member profile page, your IP address etc. This information is used to improve your user experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- communicate and interact with you regarding any subject related to your ECSRHM membership and /or any changes to the ECSRHM website.
- enhance your user experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract.
Personal data will be processed by the European College of Small Ruminant Health Management and the European Board of Veterinary Specialisation (EBVS) only. Your personal information is created, stored and transmitted securely in a variety of paper and electronic formats, including some databases that are shared between the EBVS and the College. Access to your personal information is limited to EBVS or college staff, who have a legitimate interest in it for the purpose of carrying out their duties. We will not use your personal information to carry out any wholly automated decision-making that affects you.
How long will personal information be stored?
Your data will be stored for as long as you are diplomate of your college. When you retire and no longer require the services of your college or the EBVS, you can opt to store only the most basic data. Please notify the Secretary to do so.
Data access rights and right to be forgotten.
You also have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you or to delete personal information by:
- via the following page: https://ecsrhm.eu/privacy-tools/
- or by contacting the ECSRHM Secretary: email@example.com
What is the purpose and legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal information will be used in the following ways:
– by the college to inform you of college news via email and to maintain an up to date list of diplomates and residents
– by the EBVS to ensure that you are meet the standards and are re-accredited and may therefore carry the title EBVS European Veterinary Specialist (EVS) in Small Ruminant Health Management
– by the college and the EBVS to contact you for important information regarding your diplomate/specialist status – to communicate effectively with you by post, email and phone, including the distribution of relevant newsletters
– to compile statistics and conduct surveys and research for internal and statutory reporting purposes. For these purposes, your data will be anonymised.
– to deliver services to you We consider the processing of your personal information for these purposes to be either necessary for the performance of our obligations with you (e.g. to manage your specialist status), necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or necessary for the performance of tasks we carry out in the public interest (e.g. non-statutory reporting or research). We require you to provide us with any information we reasonably ask for to enable us to administer your diplomate/specialist status. If we require your consent for any specific use of your personal information, we will collect it at the appropriate time and you can withdraw this at any time.
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
Who else can access your Personal Data
Your data will not be shared with third parties without your consent.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings.
For any additional GDPR related information please contact:
Last modification was made on May 28th 2018.